Become a Volunteer
The Hobby Center for the Performing Arts is the premier entertainment complex in the Houston area, hosting a diversity of theatrical, cultural and community events each year. Our volunteers serve as good will ambassadors for the Hobby Center and the City of Houston. Each year over 600 volunteers from all over the Houston-Galveston area generously donate their time, welcoming our patrons and clients, providing first class service and ensuring the safety of everyone who visits the Hobby Center. The Hobby Center staff strives to make the volunteer program an enriching experience where great relationships and friendships are made.
All Volunteers Must
- Be friendly, articulate and able to give clear directions
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to stand for extended periods and climb stairs and be comfortable with heights
- Be willing to work in all areas of the venue during all types of events
- Have internet access and email
- Provide their own uniform
- Participate in annual volunteer training
Volunteer responsibilities include
- Scanning and reading tickets
- Greeting, giving directions and seating patrons
- Assisting patrons with disabilities
- Providing assistance to staff during emergencies
- Committing to a minimum of 12 events each season
Click HERE to complete an application. Once received you will be contacted with information regarding training.
- Click HERE to login if you are an existing volunteer.
For more information about the Hobby Center Volunteer program please contact Donna Lutek at 713.315.2510.